With Summer fast approaching, I have been scouring Pinterest for easy, fun DIY ideas. Even though this isn’t pet related, one of my favorite ideas that I’ve come across is this easy DIY green tea face mist! A perfect and simple new beach essential, it is simple to make and leaves your skin cool, refreshed and smooth.
Green tea is full of antioxidants and will help repair dry, sun-damaged skin in addition to helping to cool you off on a hot summer day. This feels great on your skin and smells awesome!
I didn’t take as many pictures as I meant to, but making this was kind of messy; and to be honest, I kind of forgot to keep up with photos!
There are a few things that you’ll need to get started:
- 1 bag of green tea
- Half of a cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera
- A small spray bottle
(I bought all of these at Wegmans, but these are similar items that I found on Amazon if you are interested. **Disclaimer** – if you click on one of the links above and purchase the item, I may earn a tiny fee for your purchase, at no additional cost to you.)
There was an option to add in essential oil, but I forgot to buy this at the store. Honestly, I like the smell as-is; but you can feel free to buy any essential oil scent to add in if you’d like!
- Brew a cup of tea, then stick in the fridge to cool it down.
- Take peeled, cucumber slices and blend them. The directions said to puree, but I don’t have a fancy blender, so I just used my small smoothie blender. That worked fine but left it a little bit clumpy, so I had to strain it to get rid of any chunks. What you want to have left over is a thin liquid, like cucumber juice. Is cucumber juice even a thing? Haha
- At this point, the tea should hopefully be cooled down. Take the green tea and pour it into the spray bottle – I filled mine up about 3/4 full.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of the cucumber juice
- Add one spoonful of the Aloe Vera gel
- Shake it to combine everything, and pop it in the fridge!
The directions say that this should last about a week in the fridge, but I’ll see how long I can get out of it. As long as it doesn’t start to smell bad or leave my skin sticky or something, I don’t see why it couldn’t last longer.
With my Irish/German heritage, I am super super prone to sunburns. I plan on giving this spray a shot when I get my first sunburn – I typically apply aloe gel to it anyway, so I feel like this mist would work just as well. Plus, it’s easier to keep with me than a big bottle of aloe vera gel is!
If you guys wind up giving this DIY a try, let me know what you think! If you have any other fun DIYs to keep me busy this summer, share them in the comments!
Have a good night